Amatouch: Your Safe Place for Holistic Aromatherapy Massage
Welcome to Amatouch
My aim is to provide a nurturing touch that alleviates stress, promotes well-being and encourages hormonal balance so that you can enjoy a long life – keeping young, healthy and whole.
Aromatherapy massage therapists deliver a treatment that is uniquely tailored to you. My service is more than the short-lived indulgence that you experience in a spa or beauty salon while on holidays. As a holistic therapist, I deliver a treatment with conviction and dedication that prioritises the entirety of your health (physical, emotional and spiritual) and is designed to respond to your changing needs.
What is Aromatherapy Massage?
Aromatherapy massage is considered a form of complementary medicine and is a holistic therapy that combines the art of massage with the healing power of essential oils and other natural elements. Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts, derived from roots, leaves, seeds and other elements. These oils capture the essence of their source and have various therapeutic properties.
The Amatouch Approach to Aromatherapy Massage
“Amatouch” is a Basque word, meaning “mother touch” or nurturing touch. This ethos aligns perfectly with aromatherapy massage. I know the power of touch therapy to ignite the production of oxytocin and other natural hormones, fostering love, relaxation and social bonding while reducing stress and anxiety levels.
This holistic therapy caters to your overall well-being, aiding in stress relief, hormonal balance, and emotional wellness. Stress and anxiety are held in the body and in turn affect the mind. By releasing tension stored in your body this treatment can facilitate a deep sense of calm and balance. Aromatherapy massage can also play a healing role during pregnancy, menopause and times of change in our lives.
Our Signature Aromatherapy Massage Treatments
Expertly Blended Oils for Maximum Benefits
During the Aromatherapy massage, a blend of vegetable and essential oils are used, such as:
- Grapeseed, sweet almond, sunflower or olive oil are some of the basic carrier oils used in massage. They are nourishing and suitable for all skin types.
- Jojoba oil is very close to the sebum of the skin. It is a balancing oil beneficial for both dry and oily skin.
- Avocado oil is a perfect choice for dry, mature skin in need of hydration.
- Calendula oil is mostly used for treating venous problems.
- Hypericum oil has an anti-inflammatory effect that soothes the inflamed nerves that cause neuralgia, sciatica, and fibrositis.
- Wheatgerm oil promotes the formation of skin cells.
- Comfrey oil is well-known as one of nature’s greatest medicinal herbs with a healing effect for broken bones.
- For facial massages, I use rejuvenating rosehip oil to maintain skin vitality and youthfulness, reduce wrinkles and help prevent the signs of premature ageing. Apricot kernel oil is also a perfect choice for making facial massage blends.
Meet Catherine Roe
Booking Your Aromatherapy Massage
Ready to experience the healing touch of aromatherapy massage at Amatouch?
Booking your appointment is simple and straightforward. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
While designed with women in mind, it can also benefit men seeking a holistic, balanced therapy. I invite you to select the treatment that meets your needs – from a wellness, rejuvenating full-body signature massage to a holistic nurturing full-body aromatherapy massage. You may also prefer a long session or a course of successive shorter sessions at this point in time in your life. If you are new to massage and feel shy, why not choose a partial massage to relax and restore you?
Explore More With Amatouch
Extend the care with our Gift of Touch vouchers.